Mason Cable Network has opportunities for everyone to be involved. No experience needed! Whether you’re interested in production, pre- or post production, video editing, on-camera experience, or public relations, we have it.
Available Positions as Paid Interns (election based)
- Oversee distribution of all programming on the cable channel and on the Internet, including MasonCableNetwork.com, live productions, and YouTube.
- Oversee all production
- Formulate a budget with the Faculty Advisor
- Keep MCN Production Book up to date
- Regularly meet with Faculty Advisor and staff
- Work with other Student Media groups
- Reads/responds to the MCN email account (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Determines titles and responsibilities for MCN staff members.
- Work with each staff member on every level to ensure the success of the network both offline and online.
Deputy Video Editor
- An editor in-house and hired by the General Manager
- Editor is responsible for the completion for video for airing and uploading on the network and various online video sharing websites
- Videos to be edited will be dictated by the General Manager and/or Production Manager
- Editor is responsible for the logging and capturing of video clips if necessary, as well as upkeep and backup of files
- All edits will be finished within a deadline of receiving the necessary media to edit together final video
- Videos that are time sensitive will have a quick deadline. If video isn’t completed by that time, said video could be scrapped or continued at the General Manager’s discretion
- Uploads video to YouTube, and then makes them public after approval from the show producer or General Manager
Other Available Positions
- Camera Operator
- Production Assistant
- News Writer
- News Anchor
- News Reporter
- Sports Broadcaster
- Production Crew
- Video Editor
- Graphic Designer
- Social Media Coordinator
- Marketing Coordinator
- Public Relations Coordinator